Emerging Leaders Program
Applications are now closed (as of 17 March 2023).
An intensive 17-day formation program:
open to leaders and emerging leaders from schools, parishes and Catholic organisations across the Archdiocese of Melbourne
providing an opportunity to be more deeply immersed and formed in the principles of discipleship, Christian leadership, prayer and evangelisation
be accompanied by experts from Australia and international leaders in their fields who will join the group in select cities to present guest lectures
exploring the interconnection between healthcare, parish, education, and social services in the Catholic context.
The program commences in Rome where over the course of six days, through workshops, lectures, and visits to key pilgrimage sites, you will be immersed in the rich history, culture, and beauty of the Catholic Church.
Following our time in Rome, we will make our way for a day of retreat and prayer in beautiful Assisi before heading to Lisbon for the week of World Youth Day (WYD) where our formation together will continue.
We are working with our colleagues at Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools to have this program accredited as Professional Learning for teachers in Catholic schools.
The Emerging Leaders Program:
is available to those who are aged 18+ years
is designed for emerging leaders in Catholic contexts, including parishes, communities, schools, Catholic health care, Catholic social services and other Catholic organisations
is a select-entry program and applicants will require a letter of endorsement, supporting their desire to participate, from a parish priest, principal, Director of Mission or the leader of their community group / movement
will involve pre-pilgrimage preparation, the 17-day intensive experience and post-pilgrimage activities.
Travel will occur from 23 July – 9 August 2023 (17 days) at a cost of A$8600 per person (twin share). This fee includes return travel to Rome and Assisi from Melbourne, and includes the WYD Week in Lisbon, and post-WYD activities in Melbourne.*
*Exact travel dates, itinerary and final costs will be confirmed.
- Identify and approach your referee to complete your letter of endorsement (Guidelines for the letter of endorsement can be found below)
- Enter your details and responses to the selection criteria via the online application form here.
- Upload your letter of endorsement.
- Your application will be reviewed and you will receive a notification via email, with a link for you to complete your registration and pay your deposit (A$800 non-refundable).
- Registered pilgrims will be encouraged to engage with their respective employers or local communities to engage in fundraising or seek sponsorship.